Discussions regarding the establishment of a Catholic grade school in Sulphur began in earnest in 1953. In September of 1954, Our Lady's School officially opened after a Dedication ceremony by Bishop Maurice Schexnaider. OLS began with grades 1 through 4. In September of 1955, OLS had an enrollment of 310 students in grades 1 through 5 and 250 potential students had to be turned away because there was no room. During the first years of the school's existence parents of the students formed Our Lady's School Parent Teacher Organization OLEO (Our Lady's Educational Organization) as a means of assisting the School financially and by the donation of their time and talent. Currently, OLS provides education for Pre- Kindergarten 3 through 8th grade.